Special Program for Sports
The Special Program in Sports (SPS) is in the line with efforts of the DepEd to institutionalize a program that will identify/ discover students with potential sports talents and train them for higher levels of athletic competitions.
The Special Program for Sports offers a four year secondary curriculum patterned after that of a regular high school, with specialization in the following sports:
Team Athletics Individual/Dual
Sepak Takraw Lawn Tennis
The student should pass the screening test made of 2 phases:
1. Written Test -IQ
2. Performance Test -Based on Specialization
Requirements and Fee:
- Duly accomplished application form
- Two (2) latest & identical 2″ x 2″ pictures with name tag
- Photocopy of Grade VI Report Card duly certified correct by the Elementary Principal or bring original copy of report card together with a photocopy to be certified by the BCNHS Guidance Counselor.
- Grade Requirement (Final Rating): A general average of 80% or higher and no grade lower than 80% in any subject.
- Photocopy of Birth Certificate duly certified correct by NSO (must 11-13 years old)
- Parental consent that the student may undergo rigid training in specialized sports
- One hundred fifty pesos (P150.00) examination fee.
1. Have no grade lower than 80% in all academic subjects in all grading periods.
2. Have no grade lower than 83% in their specialization /PE in all grading periods.
3. Be physically and mentally fit.
4. Posses good behavior and demonstrate consistent improvement on their performance.