Special Program in the Arts
The Special Program for the Arts is a nationwide program for students with potentials or talents in the Arts. BCNHS was the first school in the Cordillera region to have started the program. The school offers a comprehensive secondary education program centered in the Arts, covering a range of art forms and disciplines. Arts education is an integral component of a balanced educational program in all year level which also provides the background for post-secondary level work.
The curriculum is the general high school curriculum with enhanced humanities subject offerings. The program offers six areas:
1. MUSIC- Band, Rondalla & Vocal (choir)
- designed for dedicated students with interest in vocal or instrumental music.
2. VISUAL ARTS
- helps the students discover what they can produce through their own creativity through paintings, print making, creative crafts and designs, computer graphics, sculpture, etc.
3. THEATER ARTS
-emphasizes on group work skills and live performance of spoken text in a number of styles and genres; contemporary and classical acting techniques will be introduced.
4. DIGITAL ARTS
-teaches students to use elements and tools of current and emerging technologies to create works that express feeling and ideas; students will be trained to analyze and create work though photography, video , audio, computer arts, interactive media, and film production.
5. CREATIVE WRITING/MALIKHAING PAGSUSULAT
- trains the students to explore and write their own ideas and experiences; they will study and work on all genres like poetry, fiction, non-fiction, etc.
- develops student’s techniques, movement, vocabulary and a deeper understanding of dance as a form of communication and expression
Ten hours a week is allotted for applied arts, which ever area a student chooses.
The student should pass the screening test made of two phases:
1. Written Test- IQ
2. Performance Test-Based on Specialization
Requirements and Fee
- Duly accomplished application form
- Two (2) latest & identical 2″ x 2″ pictures with name tag
- Photocopy of Grade VI Report Card duly certified correct by the Elementary Principal or bring original copy of report card together with a photocopy to be certified by the BCNHS Guidance Counselor.
- One hundred fifty pesos (P150.00) examination fee for test materials, honorarium, and other incidental expenses.
Grade Requirement as of Third Grading Period:
A general average of 83% or higher and no grade lower than 80% in any subject.