K to 12 Basics
This School Year 2012-2013, Baguio City National High School will be introducing the Enhanced K+12 Basic Education Program to our incoming First Year students. In this regard, the First Year level shall now be called Grade 7. Here are some basic facts you need to know about K+12.
Components of K to 12 Curriculum
- Elementary (6 years)- Grades 1 to 6
- Middle High School (4 years) – Grades 7 to 10
- Senior High School (2 years)- Grades 11 to 12
High School Learning Areas
Core Learning Areas: Integrated Language Arts (English & Filipino), Science, Mathematics, Araling Panlipunan, Technology And Livelihood Education (TLE),Music Arts Physical Education & Health (MAPEH), Edukasyong Pagpapakatao
- Grades 7 to 8- Core Learning Areas and exploratory T.L.E.
- Grades 9 to 10- Core Learning Areas plus elective T.L.E.
- Grades 11 to 12- Science, Math, English, Contemporary Issues And Specialization ( Academic Specialization, Tech-Voc Specialization, Sports And Arts Specialization)
Weekly Time Allotment
- English – 4 Hrs/Week
- Filipino – 4 Hrs/Week
- Science – 4 Hrs/Week
- Mathematics – 4 Hrs/Week
- Araling Panlipunan – 3 Hrs/Week
- Technology And Livelihood Education – 4 Hrs/Week
- Mapeh – 4 Hrs/Week
- Edukasyong Pagpapakatao – 2 Hrs/Week
- Collaborative Learning – 1 Day
B – BEGINNING (74% and below) The student at this level struggles with his/her understanding; prerequisite and fundamental knowledge and/or skills have not been acquired or developed adequately to aid understanding.
D – DEVELOPING (75-79%) The student at this level possesses the minimum knowledge and skills and core understandings, but needs help throughout the performance of authentic tasks.
AP – APPROACHING PROFICIENCY (80-84%) The student at this level has developed the fundamental knowledge and skills and core understandings and, with little guidance from the teacher and/or with some assistance from peers, can transfer these understandings through authentic performance tasks.
P – PROFICIENT (85-89%) The student at this level has developed the fundamental knowledge and skills and core understandings, and can transfer them independently through authentic performance tasks.
A – ADVANCED (90% and above) The student at this level exceeds the core requirements in terms of knowledge, skills and understandings, and can transfer them automatically and flexibly through authentic performance tasks.
K+12 Resources from www.deped.gov.ph