Medical & Dental Services
Physician – 1
Nurses – 5
Dental Aid – 1
Division of duties:
-Physician, dentist and dental aide man the main clinics and rove to the annexes three times a week.
Nurses: 2 will man the main clinic (scheduled duty per week)
3 man the 10 annexes and report to the main only on their scheduled main clinics duties
Each of the nurses handle 1 or more annexes and 3 of them handle year level each (2nd-4th years)Physician handles the 1st year.
1. Routine medical inspection and cardiopulmonary examination to include the height and weight measurements to the entire student population.
2. Daily medical consultations of acute ailments, treatment of frank cases and follow-up.
3. Respond to emergency calls when summoned to asses cases prior to delivery to the school clinic or hospital.
4. Referral or emergency cases to hospitals after first aid/medical intervention had been made/given.
5. Examination to student going to seminars, conferences, athletic meets and for camping/scouting and scholarship purposes.
6. Environmental survey and inspection of classrooms, toilets and canteens (food handler’s laboratory work-ups, certification and sanitary permits).
7. Deliver medical updates, lectures and information regarding prevailing diseases and impact preventive measures against such diseases.
8. Give post lectures regarding the common findings noted during the medical inspection and cardiopulmonary examination.
B. Teachers/non teaching personnel
1. Annual medical check-up of all personnel.
2. Referral of cases to specialist if special cases need immediate medical attention.
3. Daily medical consultation.
4. Examination of teachers going to conferences/seminars, trainings and scholarship programs.
5. Delivery for medical updates regarding common ailments among the personnel and other related topics for information dissemination purpose.
-Dental services extended to currently enrolled students, and to all teaching and non-teaching personnel of both main and annexes of Baguio City National High School (BCNHS).
1. Routine oral inspections
2. Daily dental consultation including chair side instructions.
3. Dental health lecture per classroom.
4. Immediate attention and treatment for dental emergency cases like acute pulpitis, periodontal problems, and other oral problems.
5. Oral examination of students recommended for seminars, conferences, scholarship grants, and students who are athletes.
6. Referral of patients with cases like orthodontic problems, periodontal problems, endodontic problems and prosthodontic problems.
7. Provided current dental information gathered from recent dental related materials.
8. Render tooth extractions and filling.
9. Render oral prophylaxis.